Thursday, December 27, 2007

Make Room for Daddy (1957)

For years I wondered why Danny Thomas was famous. I never saw Make Room for Daddy (eventually re-named The Danny Thomas Show), but I saw Danny Thomas regularly appear as a song and dance, joke telling guest star on countless nineteen seventies variety shows. I knew his name from the credits of The Dick Van Dyke Show but that was about it. That was then and this is now. Since then I have grown to love his work. Make Room for Daddy is a truly funny (unconventionally so - compared to most of its competition on 1950s television) sitcom from the fifties that gave birth to a huge spin-off called The Andy Griffith Show and a small spin-off called The Joey Bishop Show. Here's a full episode of the show when the widowed stand-up comedian Danny Williams (incidentally, the same name as the current Premier of Newfoundland) finally proposes to a new woman.
Online Videos by Veoh.com

No comments: